Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Sleep, Precious Sleep!

I know that every mom complains for their lack of sleep.  As a mom of 3 boys, I am one of them.  I have not had a full night's sleep in over 5 years now.  That's a LONG time.  I am awakened each and every night to tend to Xander.  He has not slept through the night once since he was born... until last night!  He slept in his crib until 6:30!  That's a full night!  I would love it if he'd go to 7:00am but 6:30 is great. 

I know most people will scoff at this but as a mom of a child that is going to be a year old in just a few days and FINALLY slept through the night for the first time, I'm rejoicing right now!!! He even came in bed with me and went back to sleep until after 8:00am! If I get to sleep until 8:00, it's a miracle.

This whole sleep situation with Xander has been a sore spot for us for a while.  I never intended for him to become addicted to sleeping with me.  I just brought him in bed with us so that I could get enough sleep to function and take care of all 3 kids all day.  I kept justifying it and putting off making the transition.  We are doing it and he's acclimating surprisingly well and quickly.  It's only been a week or so and each night, he seems to be doing better.  He woke up earlier twice but he only had 1 bad night ( of course the night we had to "Spring Ahead!" for Daylight Savings Time and I had to get up for church at 6:45 which was like 5:45 on my body.  Oh well.  It turned out ok.  I got a nap that day and spent some one on one quality time with Daniel which was so nice.  :)

I'm probably rambling on.  I know I'm not the best writer but I like to share and also keep a record of our lives.

My prayer for this week is that I can get it all done.   There is so much to do before Saturday, I'm a bit overwhelmed.  I have made a list and a schedule for when I'm going to do everything but that doesn't mean it will all get done.  Yesterday, I got all of our clothes washed, did dishes, made dinner, ran Daniel to and from school, addressed and put the invitations in the mailbox, took out the trash, cleaned the litter box out, and did all of the regular stuff on top of giving the boys a bath by myself and straightening the whole main floor over and over. 

Today, I'm washing the bedding for all of our beds, and towels, straightening in the basement (and upstairs), making a card for my Mother-in-Law's birthday.  The basement is a BIG job.  There are toys and mess EVERYWHERE!  Tomorrow will by my running around day and getting errands done - finishing shopping for Xander's presents, getting food ordered, the cake ordered, and getting stuff for the goody bags. The fun never ends!  Haha

Lord, I pray that you give me the energy and time I need to fit it all in and the patience I need to care for the kids on my own for 2 more days.  I pray for my friend Kari who needs comfort and support in her health crisis, my friend Leah who lost a friend this week to cancer, my friend Eileen who suffers with depression, and safe travel for Chris while he's on his business trip.  I ask that you bless my mom-in-law Jocelyn on her birthday today and that she know how loved and special she is.  Also watch over their travel this weekend as they come to see us.  Please be with Jason and Julie as they mourn the loss of Jason's dad and struggle with not knowing if he knew You and believed in You.  Also be with Diane and her family as they mourn her aunt.  I lift all of these people up and trust in You that you will be with them and carry them through.  I also ask that you continue to grow my faith and my relationship with You and help me to be an example to those that I know and love that I might inspire them to open their hearts to You and let you in.  Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you are a woman of faith, Lyndsey, and pray that your openness and prayers will be a continual blessing to the family.
    --Grandma Betty

    ReplyDelete