Sunday, April 21, 2013

Update!

So, today ends week #2 of the weight loss reboot!  I have successfully lost 6 pounds so far!  This has been a MAJOR lifestyle change for me and when I say major I mean M.A.J.O.R.!  Giving up eating what I want when I want has been tough as well as giving up some of my down time to exercise and/or go to the gym.  I don't' have has much down time to watch my shows and relax in the evening and I'm not having a glass of wine as often as I'd like.  I can't eat as much as I'd like to when it comes to pizza or cake BUT, I'm happy not to.  The results are worth it to me! 6 pounds in 2 weeks is GREAT!  If I keep up at this rate, I'll be down my 25 pounds in no time!  How awesome would it be to be down that much before I go on my girls' weekend trip in June!?!?  TOTALLY AWESOME!

Using My Fitness Pal  to keep me on track has been perfect for me!  I have the app on my phone so I can see how many calories things are when I'm on the go and track my food then and there so I don't forgot how much I had.  I highly recommend it and if any of my friends want to join me, I'd be happy to motivate you!

I have to give props to God here.  I truly believe that with God, I can do anything.  I prayed a lot about my weight and my struggle to change my lifestyle.  I really really really want to be healthy and thin and happy.  I want to be comfortable in my own skin and confident in my appearance and not have to be so self-conscious about how I look all the time.  I'm on my way!  God is giving me the determination to do this and the perseverance to see it through.  I trust HIM!

Thank you to everyone that has been encouraging and for recipes and advice!  You all help more than you know!

Today is a special day in our family - my son Nathan turns 4 today!  He's having fun playing with his brothers and his daddy right now so I have a minute to write.  I'm so proud of him.  He's a really great little boy and while he has his faults (we all do), he's an amazing, sweet, smart, funny and adorable kid!  I have been so blessed with my little boys!  I wouldn't trade them for anything.  My life is pretty darn sweet - my only real complaint about it is my weight.  I can do something about that, so I am! 

Once I reach my first goal of being  -25 pounds, I can start looking for a new addition to our family.  I can hardly wait to save a dog from a shelter or the pound and give him/her a family to love them and care for them. My heart breaks every day when I see posts on Facebook or Pinterest about dogs or cats that have been abused or abandoned.  It's so WRONG!  I have always been an animal love to the core and always will be.  SO EXCITED!

Lastly, I want to talk about another truly awesome thing that happened today!  My friend Katie got baptized today!!!!!  I am so excited and happy for her!  It was amazing to witness it and to see God's presence in her life and her heart!  Her fiance and my old friend Ryan couldn't be happier about it.  Truly a blessing to be a part of it!

OK, I'm done rambling now.  Thanks for reading and sharing in my goings on! 

No comments:

Post a Comment