Friday, August 5, 2011

Xander's First Trip

OK, I'm nervous.  This afternoon, I'm taking Xander on a plane to St. Louis by myself.  I know it will be better than driving down there from MI but I'm still nervous about how it's going to go.  Funny thing that even though I'll be turning 32 this month, I've never flown by myself before, let alone with a baby.  Chris and I took Daniel on a plane when he was closer to 2 years old. Xander is 4 1/2 months old now so this will be quite different.  The rules and regulations with flying are a pain too.  I haven't flown in over 2 years so I'm nervous about other things too like the full body scan and how are they going to scan Xander?  Has anyone out there flown with an infant in their arms before?  When we took Daniel, we bought him a seat and brought his car seat.  If anyone has advice on this topic, please post a comment.

So, yeah, I'm a bit nervous about this and then I read the weather reports.  I'm leaving Michigan which is finally getting some NICE weather, unlike the last month of 90+ and heading to hotter weather and flying through THUNDERSTORMS.  I'm not psyched about this at all.  I'm hoping and praying all will be fine and Xander and I will have a fun and stress-free weekend with our friends.

I'm looking forward to Sunday morning's activity too.  My friend, Eric, is being installed as a Vicar at his new church in Florissant, MO.  He is currently going through Seminary at the Lutheran Missouri Synod Seminary in St. Louis.  Very exciting to see Eric progress on his journey!

Also looking forward to meeting Eric and Linda's newest baby girl, Jillian, who was born in June!  She is their 5th child!  (They must be crazy!) ;0)  I think 3 children is plenty for me!

I'll post after our trip and share our experience.  Please comment!  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment