Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Card for Baby Jillian

I made this card for my cousins Rick and Jessica's daughter Jillian!  She was born only 2 weeks ago!  Congratulations to them!  She's tiny and adorable and sleeps so much! I'm so jealous!  LOL!    Anyway, this card is the onesie card.  I got the template from someone else's blog but I don't remember whose.  I got it a while ago.  Thanks to whoever you are!

The card begins as a standard card.  Card stock cut at 4 1/4" X 11" and scored at 5 1/2".  Then use the
1 3/8" circle punch to create a neck hole and the holes for the legs.  About inches down from the top, draw a line in to 1/2" and from that 1/2" mark, draw a line to the top of the leg opening on each side.  Then cut out that triangle on both sides.  This creates the onesie shape.  For the collar and the legs, use the scallop circle punch.  For the neck you can just fold it in half and use it on both the front and the back.  For the legs, cut a circle for each one and fit it.  I have found the best way to make these is to punch out your 1 3/8" circle and then fit the scallop circle over it and punch.  The best adhesive I've found to use for the scallops is the 2-way glue.  It's the least messy and holds really well!  :)  The  rest is decorating to your preference!
I used Pretty In Pink card stock for the main body of the onesie.  Melon Mambo across the middle with whisper white trim punched with the Scallop Trim Punch from the Sale-a-bration mini.   The Designer Paper is from the Razzleberry Lemonade set.  I used Melon Mambo polka dot grosgrain ribbon and the stamp set is Fox & Friends from the Occassions Mini.  I also used the Big Shot and the Perfect Polka dot impressions folder for the top of the onesie.  I sprayed the whole card with Frost White shimmer paint mist and sponged the edges with Melon Mambo.  Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment