Monday, July 18, 2011

New Story to Share

I have decided to change the focus of my blog to talking about my family and things that come up in our lives.  Sharing things the kids have done for family and friends to read and any others that might relate to our stories and struggles.  On that note, I'm going to start right now with talking about what's been going on with us since we became a family of five...
Oh, and in case were wondering why I'm MOM2DNA it's because a the mom to Daniel, Nathan and Alexander!

It was certainly a surprise when we learned we were expecting a third child.  It happened earlier than we had planned or expected but we were happy none the less after the initial shock wore off!  After I told Chris, the reality of the situation set in for both of us and we both were a bit freaked out.  I went down to my crafting desk and just stared at it for a while in wonder and fear of the impending reality of being a mother of 3.  I'm not sure why it was so scary at first but it was. 

We found out the day before our kitchen and the rest of our house was demoed for a full kitchen remodel.   It was really not the best timing to find out that I couldn't lift or move anything since our whole house was turned upside down!  My parents are a God-send and offered to let us come and live with them during the remodel so we lived there for about 2 months.  It was really nice living there aside from the boys having a harder time sleeping in an environment they weren't used to sleeping in.  I didn't have to worry about cleaning much or cooking because my mom took care of most of it. She wouldn't let me because of my "condition".  The best part was when we told her.  She had no clue because I didn't let on before we went to her house.  We told her the day after we found out.  We arrived at her house to live there and as we were unpacking our stuff I handed her the pregnancy test.  She screamed with delight!  Best reaction EVER!

The pregnancy was my hardest by far.  I had a LOT of pain from sciatica and contractions for the last 5 yes FIVE months of my pregnancy.  I ended up in the hospital once with what I thought might be preterm labor but was dehydration and a UTI. 

I have to be honest, I was a little bit sad after I learned that I was having a third boy.  I really wanted to have one girl to do all of the mother-daughter things with and share all of my "wisdom" and experience with. My mom and I are really close and I wanted to have that with my child.  I cried during my ultrasound.  I was really sad.  Chris didn't understand why I was sad.  "He's healthy.  You should be happy."  I was happy that he was healthy but he didn't understand that I was mourning a relationship I'll never get to have.  I'll never get to help a daughter with her first period, how to deal with boys, taking her shopping for her first bra, prom dress or help her plan her wedding, just to name a few things.  He didn't get it until I asked him how he thought he'd feel if we'd just found out we were having our third GIRL. He got it then.  He's really close with the boys which is great.  I'm not sure why God decided to bless us with our boys and no girls but there certainly was a reason.  I was sad for a day and when people ask if we'll be trying again for a girl.  I have to answer them, "No.  The doctor told me it's a bad idea for me to get pregnant again because my uterus has thinned out too much after having 3 c-sections".  Our only option would be to adopt at this point and I'm not closed to the idea.  We wanted 3 children and we have been blessed with 3 beautiful children.  I will do my best to raise good, sweet, honest and loving boys who are happy and healthy.  I love my boys more than anything in this world and I thank the good Lord for blessing us with them.  Thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment