Saturday, March 13, 2010

Birthday Cupcakes

This was a fun card to make.  I wanted to use the cupcakes from the "The More the Merrier" hostess stamp set which I just got!  I love the cupcakes!  Super cute!  They are all on one stamp so it was easy to stamp and go.  I used a bunch of colors on this: mostly inspired by the Razzleberry Lemonade DSP I used.  To color the cupcakes,  I used Pale Plum, Perfect Plum, Rich Razzleberry, Melon Mambo, Bermuda Bay, Pumpkin Pie and a little bit of Old Olive.  I decided to cut them out and pop them up when the card was done because it seemed too flat to me.  I used Pale Plum Card stock under the cupcake layer, then Bermuda Bay punched with the Scallop Trim Punch.  The next layer was the DSP, then Rich Razzleberry punched with the Scallop Trim Punch again.  This layer was actually 2 pieces of card stock only about 1 1/2 inches wide.  I did this to conserve paper!  Works great for an occasion where you're only seeing a tiny bit of it as an accent.  Under that is a layer of Pumpkin Pie.   The ribbon is Bermuda Bay polka dot ribbon.  I stamped the "happy birthday" sentiment with Melon Mambo ink.  Thanks for looking and please comment or send me an email! 

No comments:

Post a Comment