Saturday, March 6, 2010

Paper Peonies Cards

I saw one of these on http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ done by Sherri Barron who also had a tutorial on her blog:  http://sherribarron.typepad.com/my_w...march-5-1.html  Great tutorial!  This flower is really easy to make and sooooo pretty!  Even prettier in person!  I decided to try it out using the Sending Love DSP as my inspiration because I hadn't used this pattern yet and I loved the Very Vanilla and Pretty in Pink combination!  I added the Chocolate Chip card stock for some contrast along with the Chocolate Chip satin ribbon.  I used the Scallop Trim border punch and for the peony, I used the Scallop #2 die for the Big shot and layered 6 of the scallops and then one of the smaller one on that same die in the Very Vanilla.  For the center, I used a Clear Rhinestone Brad and the sentiment is from the Three Little Words set.  Enjoy!

Here are 2 other ones I made the same day!
For this one, I used Bermuda Bay card stock for the card base, accented with Real Red and Whisper White and the DSP is the Good Neighbor DSP I think it's called.  I used a Real Red Sending Love Epoxy Brad and Bermuda Bay polka dot grosgrain ribbon.  The punches used are the Scallop Border Punch, Word Window and Modern Label punches. This greeting is also from the Three Little Words set.

The next one is a Fall themed Thank You card.  I used Really Rust for the card base and then accented it with the Scallop Trim punch on Very Vanilla card stock. On top of that is Taken with Teal and then the Autumn Meadows DSP.  The flower is done in More Mustard and Taken with Teal and accented with a Button Latte Button and Chocolate Chip Striped ribbon.  The greeting is also from the Three Little Words set and punched out with the Modern Label punch. 

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment