Thursday, March 4, 2010

Hippo Hooray Birthday

This card was recreated after seeing this card: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1639793?si=pun%20fun&perpage=12&thumbsonly=0&thumbcheck=   I made some changes and made it my own.  I loved her choices as far as combination of Sweet Pea DSP papers and the Scalloped Circle.  My changes were minor but they do make it different.  I rounded half of the corners.  My scalloped circle is larger.  I used the Scalloped Circles Die for the Big Shot and then used a circle maker to make the middle sized circle.  The inside circle was made using the Circles #2 die.  I didn't have the striped Pumpkin Pie ribbon so I used a Turquoise stitched ribbon that I had around.  I used Playground Buttons instead of cordoroy (I don't have the cordory ones yet!) and threaded them with pumpkin pie card stock. Cool trick I learned from Andrea Walford on youtube. I did some faux stitching too with the Signo White Gel Pen. 

The card stock I used is Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White and Taken with Teal.  The stamp set is Pun Fun which is a great versatile set!  Something for almost any occasion in that set so it's a great starter set for someone new to stamping!  I colored the hippo using watercolor pencils and water colored it for a nice subtle shading effect.  This was after 3 or 4 attempts at coloring it with markers and a blender pen.  This worked the best for me!  Thanks for looking!  Please rate and email me if you have questions or want to order!

No comments:

Post a Comment